Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1 

Iveth Valenzuela, Court Clerk

Mickey Cox, Administrative Assistant

Due to limited phone access, contact with the court should be made in person or through email.

This office accepts the following forms of payment: Cashier’s Check, Money Orders, Debit Cards and Major Credit Cards.

Note: The materials provided on this webpage are not legal advice. Court staff is not allowed by law to provide legal advice to private citizens. If you are unsure what to do after reviewing these materials, you may wish to contact an attorney.

Why Can’t I Talk to the Judge?

  • Occupational Driver License
  • Request for Tow Hearing
Mental Health
  • Emergency Detention Request
Press ENTER key to focus on the active panel
For help locating an attorney, or to see if you qualify for low-cost or no-cost legal assistance, please contact:
2023 Referral Directory from the Legal Access Division of the State Bar of Texas -1.800.204.2222, Ext. 1855
The State Bar Lawyer Referral & Information Service – 1.800.252.9690
Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid – 1.888.988.9996
Legal Aid of Northwest Texas – 1.888.529.5277

Legal information can be found at:
Texas Rules of Civil Procedure
http://www.texascourthelp.gov – This website provides information and guidance on navigating the court system, including information on finding an attorney if needed, forms, and other helpful links.

http://www.sll.texas.gov – This is the State Law Library, where you can do legal research and review Frequently Asked Questions, as well as access forms and other resources. Information can be found under the Self-Help tab.

https://www.txcourts.gov/rules-forms/rules-standards – Click “Rules of Civil Procedure” at this link to get the rules that apply to civil cases, including evictions. Rules 500-510 are the ones that specifically apply to justice court.

Cremation Authorization Policy